Flair Strips are drug-free, self-adhesive nasal strips that promote optimum health of equine athletes, in all disciplines and every level of competition. The strips gently support the soft tissues over the nasal passages and reduce airway resistance and improve airflow when your horse needs oxygen most.
- Breathe easier- The spring-like action in Flair Strips supports the soft tissues over the nasal passages to reduce the tissue collapse that occurs in all horses during exercise.
- Reduces fatigue- Horses don’t tire as easily so there’s more energy available for tomorrow
- Conserve energy- Horses wearing Flair Strips have been shown to use 5-7% less energy during intensive exercise
- Recover faster- Supporting the nasal passages during recovery helps horses cool out more quickly
- Protect from lung bleeding- Flair strips help prevent the fragile pulmonary blood vessels in the lungs from rupturing during exercise.
Flair strips don’t help horses breathe in more air. The strips help horses take in the same amount of air but with less work. Breathing easier helps horses at all levels of fitness and skill maintain respiratory health and optimum performance.
- Store Flair strips at room temperature
- Apply Flair strips at least 30 minutes prior to any activity- For best results, apply the strips 30 minutes prior to any exercise, riding or other activity that might cause the horse to sweat.
- Apply strips to a clean, dry nose.
- Do not shave the horse’s nose prior to applying- Flair strips have a unique adhesive that is designed to flow into and adhere to the horse’s hair.
- Additional adhesives may be harmful and are not recommended
- Before applying, bend the tabbed edges to form a crease
- Do no touch the adhesive prior to applying the strip
- Apply flair strips two finger widths above the horse’s nostrils-This placement provides optimal support for the soft tissue of the nasal passage
- Do not remove by pulling up or down