dac Foundation Formula
# of servings: 80
Cost per serving: $0.62
Hoof conditioning supplement that promotes the growth and development of healthy hooves, optimizing hoof wall and frog quality, hoof integrity and strength.
- Bio available Zinc- 150mg/oz
- Methionine- 230mg/oz
- Biotin- 20mg/oz
- Essential amino acids
Can be fed with either fortified or unfortified grains. Horses with poor quality hooves: 1 scoop (1 ounce) per horse per day.
- Biotin- a water soluble B-vgitamin. A number of research trials have concluded that providing 20mg of biotin per day will result in significant improvements to hoof quality in a period between 6-12 months
- Methionine- An essential amino acid which must be supplemented in the horse’s diet, as they are not able to produce this themselves. Methionine works synergistically with biotin to increase the effectiveness of both nutrients to improve hoof growth and integrity.
- Zinc- associated with the health and integrity of hair, skin, hooves and the immune system. Zinc deficiencies retard the synthesis of DNA, RNA and protein, which are necessary for proper hoof condition and repair. A shortage of zinc can also impair cellular division and growth and repair of connective tissues.
- Vitamin A- plays an important role in bone formation, tissue maintenance and hoof wall growth and strength. Vitamin A is necessary for the growth and development of normal hooves. Horses deficient in Vitamin A produce a poor quality, weak hoof wall.
- Bio-Available Minerals- or chelated minerals are those that have been bonded to two or more amino acids. A mineral in this chelated state allows easy passage through the intestinal wall into the blood resulting in increased metabolism of that mineral.